Friday, March 27, 2015

And So It Goes

The terrible of beauty of life is that it goes on.


The world turns, the sun comes up, some are born, some die, life goes on. Seasons come, seasons go, and life goes on. Even on the days when all I want to do is crawl into a hole and pull the hole in after me, life goes on. Whether I laugh or cry, life goes on. The cats need to be fed, the dog needs to be let out, the bills still need to be paid, and life goes on.
Rust and new growth...

Most days, I do what is expected of me. I rise, I shower, I dress, I do what the day requires of me. Life goes on. Months somehow pass.

It has been three months since that awful day, three months of “After,” and life has gone on. Sometimes that thought makes me so angry, I cry and stomp and demand the Universe reverse its self, that another month not pass without Shane in it. But life goes on.
Winter is gone, spring is here, life—it goes on.

So I feed the cats, I let the dog out, I pay my bills. Life goes on, and I go with it. I learn by going where it is I have to go. I learn to sleep on the “other” side of the bed, I learn that I am not in a hurry to go home after work or school. I learn new habits, and life goes on.


I have “fun,” I do things I would never have done “Before.” Life goes on.

I have decided that if happiness is a choice, then I choose happiness. I will work to be happy.  I will do the work of grief that love requires of me and, someday, I will be happy again.


And life, it goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment