Friday, September 9, 2016

Mountains and Molehills


   During year long quest to get my lawn and gardens---and former motorcycle track---in shape for the  wedding I fought Mother Nature on several fronts: the weather was not one of my original concerns,  after all, its JULY for heaven’s sake! It never rains after the Fourth of July, everyone knows that!
    Uh, yeah....good thing I had golf umbrellas for the petunias...
 Elk were my main concern, keeping them out of my flower beds and wild flower garden my primary  focus. I spent lots of energy on getting a fencing contractor to come give me a bid, sure that a fence  would be the perfect solution. But when the bid for 600 plus feet of eight foot high fencing (with four gates) came back at $15,000 I decided I could buy one HECK of a lot of Invisible Fencing/a.k.a. Stinky Spray for that kind of money. And after the wedding I could use all of my newly freed up time to go back to twisting friend’s arms into helping me build a fence with a more reasonable price tag. So I sprayed the stinky spray once a week, instead of once a month, to insure the heavy footed beasties stay the heck out of my gardens, and it worked pretty well. I could sure tell which flower I might have missed spraying though, as their absence was rather conspicuous.

Stonehenge: the Mole Version
It was the moles that sneaked up on my blind side.

Next time: the Saga of the Mole Invasion continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment