Friday, February 16, 2018

Flowers for Valentine's Day


Spring is here. Early, but here. I have declared it so. And I have the facts to back up that assertion, too.


”Oh,” I imagine you saying, “so you saw a robin?” 

No, no robin, not that I’ve seen, anyway.

“Oh, you must have mown your grass for the first time?”

No, no grass mowing.

“Planted flowers? Weeded gardens? Spread chicken poo on your flower beds?”

No, no and NO, but I really should have. Please stop interrupting, stop making me feel lazy and just let me tell the story, ok?!

Geez. Anyway. The fact of spring I observed—would it kill you to provide a drum roll please-- My First Dandelion!

Ok, so technically it wasn’t my dandelion, and it wasn’t even in my zip code---full disclosure, it was in Morton. And I picked it anyway, I was just that excited to see its happy, little, yellow face.
 I saw it.
 I smiled. 
 I picked it.

If there are now reward notices in the Morton Post Office for information leading to the capture of the Dandelion Bandit I will totally deny we ever had this conversation. And the alleged dandelion is no longer in my alleged possession.


Enjoy this photo of The First Sign of Spring

1 comment:

  1. https://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/products/roasted-dandelion-root/

    ReplyDelete