Friday, December 20, 2019

Sue’s Guide to Gift Giving

If gift giving was a relationship status mine would undoubtedly be “It’s Complicated.”

Sometimes I get carried away with wrapping.
Annie is not amused.
I love gifts. I love giving them, I love wrapping them, I love receiving them.

I love it when I think of The Perfect Gift for someone, I love seeing their pleasure. I love finding The Perfect Present so much that for the next three or four years I feel like I’m off the gift giving hook, that I should just be able to rest on my gift giving laurels. “Remember that Perfect Present I gave you in 1996? Wasn’t it perfect? Weren’t you surprised? Good times, good times...”

I hate shopping for gifts. I hate not having any idea of what to buy for someone. I hate it when I feel like I’m just saying “Here. I got you some STUFF. That you now must dust. You’re welcome.”
The Perfect Gift, 2019 Edition.

Some people are easy to find The Perfect Gift for. Baby John Shane is easy to give to. Right now, as I write this, he’s having The Best Time Ever with a paper towel. He can dust with it, pretend to blow his nose in it, or turn it into confetti. As a matter of fact, he can do all three of those things with a single paper towel. Imagine how much fun he could have with an entire roll!

My Grand dog Millie is equally easy to give to. She, too, loves to make confetti. Perhaps her own roll of paper towels would be The Perfect Gift for her as well.

Come to think of it—who doesn’t like paper towels? They’re very useful and come conveniently packaged for gift giving. I think Gifting Giving 2019 is SOLVED!
Millie is a VERY GOOD DOG.
Bonus Christmas Tree picture. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment