Friday, March 3, 2017

Note to Self

Welcome to March, the Official Month of Spring. You may not remember Spring, but I hear that it’s this wonderful season of color and blooms; green grass, delicate pink blossoms, yellow bursts of dandelions. The sun is rumored to come out, its warmth causing leaves to unfurl and winter gear to be packed away. In Spring, THE SNOW STOPS FALLING.

That’s right, I said it---two four-letter “S” words back to back—SNOW and STOP. Hold on to your hats because I’m about to use a whole lot of other “S” words.

In Spring, when the snow stops you can put away the shovels and the sidewalk salt---Spring is more the season for sidewalk chalk.

Objects in photo not to scale
In Spring, you no longer have to grab a broom and trudge out to your satellite dish to sweep it clear of snow and ice, remembering only AFTER you’ve climbed the ladder that putting the ladder directly UNDER the satellite will garner you a face full of said snow. The snow had been so deep from previous snow falls that I could climb up on a snow bank and reach the dish, all the while keeping clear of the cascading result of my labors. SIGH. I’ll admit that I was annoyed enough by the latest snow fall that I didn’t even move when the satellite snow started falling in my face---I just kept sweeping...and, perhaps, swearing...stupid dang snow anyway!

In Spring, driving becomes a lot more fun---a lot less “exciting” perhaps, but certainly more enjoyable. Less slipping, less sliding, less squeezing of the steering wheel.

So let’s recap: Spring equals less shoveling, more sidewalk. More sun, less slipping. It is possible that Spring is less entertaining for my neighbors. After all, there’s less opportunity for me to get stuck in my driveway, fall on my fanny, spray myself in the face with hot pink spray paint, and give myself a facewash with satellite snow---a great percentage of these activities accomplished while wearing a bathrobe--Spring also equals less side show.


SWELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment